Tags :chicken recipes
Enjoy this savory Korean-style chicken dish for beginners or more advanced home chefs!
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 cloves of grated garlic
- 1 inch of fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 cups of steamed brown or white rice
- Avocado and sliced cucumber for serving!
- First, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, Gochujang, 1 tbsp oil, and sesame seeds to a bowl and mix.
- Then cut raw sweet potatoes into thick coins. Put them into a bowl and add salt & pepper and 1 tbsp of oil. Mix. Add the mixture to a baking sheet and put it into an oven that has been preheated to 425 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Now add half of the Gochujang mixture to the chicken in a bowl and stir until the chicken is covered.
- After the sweet potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven and move the sweet potatoes to one half of the pan. Add the chicken to the other side of the pan and then add the other half of the Gochujang mixture on top of the chicken. Return the pan to the oven and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice your avocado and cucumber.
- When serving, add rice to the bottom of the bowl and top with chicken, potatoes, avocado, and cucumbers. Then drizzle the “Yum Yum” sauce on top & enjoy!